Random Voluntary Drug Testing
Adolescents today face an array of pressures that past generations never encountered. With the emerging world of social media adolescents now have a wealth of information virtually at their fingertips; often leading to increased peer pressure, social acceptance, and media influence.
To help parents and schools address these issues, CYS offers monitored and unmonitored drug testing for school districts and private schools that have instituted a voluntary drug test program at their middle and/or high school campuses as well as monitored private drug testing services and take home test kits.
- Take-home 12 panel urine drug screen kits available (Marijuana, Cocaine, Methamphetamines, MDMA/Ecstasy, Opiates, Amphetamines, Benzodiazepines, Oxycodone, Methadone, Buprenorphine, Propoxyphene, and Barbiturates.)
- Monitored 12 panel urine drug screen (by appointment) (Marijuana, Cocaine, Methamphetamines, MDMA/Ecstasy, Opiates, Amphetamines, Benzodiazepines, Oxycodone, Methadone, Buprenorphine, Propoxyphene, and Barbiturates.)
- Alcohol, Steroid, Synthetic Cannabinoid (Spice), other urine screens available via independent lab
- A drug testing policy can serve as a deterrent to future experimentation
- Reduced risk of future and/or continued drug use
- Provides teens help in resisting peer pressure and less likely to risk punishments knowing there is a great likelihood that their drug use will be detected via random drug testing
- Gives teens an opportunity to conclusively demonstrate their good behavior and willpower
- Keeps teens accountable for their actions
- Provides parents and school administration the ability to act on concrete information and help evaluate the severity of a problem, seek help and obtain resources.
- Provides a way to track repeated usage that may indicate a more serious abuse or dependency issue.
- Provides parents with the ability to reward drug avoidance and good decision making.
Number of days drugs
can be detectable in urine**
Top 5 drugs used by teens
as reported to CYS*